Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Dance Fever hits the Class of '66 reunion


Dance Fever
Originally uploaded by Brite light photos.
MAYVILLE, New York - The dancers didn't care about the heat or the humidity in the back deck area of Webb's Resort Saturday night, while they twisted, did the fly, the stroll and who-knows-what else after dinner.

Mixing mostly fast-paced songs with occasional slow dances (so we could get our pulse rates back down below 100) the DJ did a fabulous job of keeping everyone going.

Those who didn't want to struggle with the elements stayed inside and chatted.

I received an avalanche of photos from Randy Carlson and look foward to receiving any others folks want to send along. Over a period of time, I'll be posting them and also seeing about transferring them onto a CD (or two).

And I did get a peek at some of the video I shot.

Oh boy!!!

I don't know about most people, but I didn't look carefully in the envelope Randy & Jim Lindell and the committee provided at the reunion Saturday, but there is a hilarious sheet of facts about 1966.

Did you know that Kiefer Sutherland was born that year? Or that the federal minimum wage was $1.25? Or that the number one song on Billboard's top 10 was The Monkee's I'm a Believer.

No kidding, I couldn't make up that thing about the Monkees.

So, check out that sheet, for sure, and look also for a forwarded email from me from Bud Hooper that he sent the day of the reunion. Good stuff.

Here's several more shots from Saturday night.

Bryan Larson, Svea Shelberg, Sue Howard and ?
Bryan Larson, Svea Shellberg, Sue Howard and ?

Ken Sonne, Steve Sewell, Mrs. Sewell, Mrs. Flanagan, Dan Flanagan, Mike Coon
(left to right:Ken Sonne, Steve Sewell, Mrs. Steve Sewell, Mrs. Dan Flanagan, Dan Flanagan and Mike Coon)

And a special thanks to Bud Hooper for grabbing me a brick from the rubble at Lakewood Elementary. Although I am purchasing several (one in honor of John Rupp) through Tom Priester, this brick will have a place of honor here in Valois New York at our Seneca Lake House.

It even comes complete with some mortar on it for authenticity.

No comments: