Tuesday, June 06, 2006

On the road to Webb's Resort for the Reunion


Deck at Webb's
Originally uploaded by Brite light photos.
MAYVILLE, New York - I don't think I have ever spent more than a few minutes passing through Mayville - it was never exactly on the route anyplace I was headed. And it was so far up the lake from Lakewood, that I never made it that far by boat either. Odd, now that I think about it.

Perhaps the longest time I spent there was when a group of us walked around Lake Chautauqua - part of the response to JFK's call for physical fitness. It wasn't even the halfway point and my feet were killing me.

But Mayville is where we will be for the Class of '66 reunion, at least the dinner Saturday night.

It looks like a nice operation, complete with a miniature golf course (my kind of golf) a pretty good pool (definitely my kind of relaxation) and an exercise room with the usual assortment of muscle-stretching, bone-crunching, disc-twisting machines guaranteed to send me back to my chiropracter.

I'll be by the pool holding the margarita in my hand.

Here's a link to Webb's and below I posted photos of the pool and the torture, er, exercise room.

  • Webb's

  • Pool at Webb's

    Exercise room at webb's

    No comments: