Friday, May 05, 2006

Dance to the music amigos, here's two responses


Righteous Brothers
Originally uploaded by Brite light photos.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Gloria Boutelle and Shirley Adams were quick on the email response yesterday when I put out the call for people to send me some of their favorite tunes.

In Gloria's case - besides promising to bring me some Mallo Cups at the reunion - she sent the list you see below. So what's the deal with Mallo cups? Well, you see, I believe they should be a controlled substance, at least for me. That and Chunky candy bars. Oh! And Grey Goose vodka and...

Here's Gloria's suggestions for music for the reunion:

Old Time Rock N Roll
by Bob Seeger
You've Lost That Loving Feeling
by the Righteous Brothers
Unchained Melody
by the Righteous Brothers
It's All In The Game
by Tommie Edwards
Dance To The Music
by Sly and The Family Stone
And also
Play That Funky Music White Boy
Wake Me Shake Me Monie, Monie
A Little Bit of Soul
Electric Slide
I'll Be Seeing You
Only You

Bob Seeger
BOB SEEGER

In Shirley Adams' case, she just said:

"We must have some Beach Boys songs, please."

I'm with you Shirley. Be true to your school, Round, Round, I Get Around, Help Me Rhonda -- What would a 1966 class reunion be without those Beach Boy songs (and a dozen others).

Anyone else have some song picks? My list is too long to post just yet, I'm trying to cut it down to 100.

THE BEACH BOYS
Beach Boys

No comments: