Wednesday, May 17, 2006

More top songs needed for the Class of '66


Roy Orbison
Originally uploaded by Brite light photos.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The days have been going by waaaaay too quickly as the countdown to the 40th Reunion of the Class of '66 continues.

In a couple of weeks, Tom Priester will be making a visit to Sacramento to be an official at the NCAA track meet held at California State University, Sacramento. Look for photos of Tom at the track looking, well, official.

But today I realized that I haven't heard from most people about what kind of music they think we need for the reunion soiree, so, pilgrims, here's list of 10 songs from me.

These aren't necessarily my top 10 - and they certainly are not the only songs I want to hear - but it's a start.

Sooooo:

1. Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison
2. Dawn by the Four Seasons
3. Happy Together - The Turtles
4. Itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny, yellow polka-dot bikini - Brian Hyland
5. Leavin' on a jet plane - Peter, Paul & Mary
6. Midnight Confessions - Grass Roots
7. Oh Carol! - Neil Sedaka
8. Palisades Park - Freddy Cannon
9. Town without pity - Gene Pitney
10. Ride the wild surf - Jan & Dean

Any other songs that are on the "Must Play" list?

Send them to me and I'll post them right away.

No comments: