Saturday, June 18, 2005

Here it is - The SWCS Trojan newspaper

PITTSBURGH, Penn. - Somewhere in Cheryl Towers' crates boxes and assorted storage devices, she came across this issue of The Trojan, which features Class of '66 member Chris Henderson on the cover with Lyon Evans, Class of '65, I believe. Chris was going to be taking over as managing editor, Lyon was going to be the editor in chief.

I remember Lyon writing some pretty pithy (pithy, pi-thy, I said) editorials about different things, pithy enough that he got in some trouble and there were some rumblings about censorship.

The power of the press, even in 1964.

Chris was the editor in chief the year I worked on the paper (senior year) and had the whole system down pat. I read somewhere - maybe on the discussion list - that someone believes Chris is a judge, in Maryland.

Judge Henderson! That would be fun to track down so we could tell his local judicial council about his high school misdeeds. Hmmm... did he have any?

Maybe we should take discussion of misdeeds to the discussion list on Yahoo?

Nah. If you have any information about Justice Henderson's whereabouts - or some information about his wild life of youthful indiscretions - pass them along to me.

After all, I'm a journalist! I can keep a secret.

If I want to.

No comments: