Monday, May 30, 2005

Mr. Gugino & the Class of '66 (5th grade version)

IONE, Calif. - We have Marianne Jim to thank for the photo with today's blog posting - and another grade school shot I will post tomorrow (or tonight if the fog blows in here in San Diego and I can't work on my sailboat).

Marianne dug through her memorabilia and found this shot. What a beauty!

I remember making those marionettes - and the play we put on.

You can kind of figure out who most people are. I can name most of people in the photo. Steve Larson is in the back row at the left, for example. Linda Hetrick is in the front row on the right. Ted Capella is in the second row, third from left next to George Opdahl. One thing that surprised me is how young Augustine Gugino appears in the photo. He looks like maybe he in his 40s. I thought he was ancient when we were in 5th grade.

Later today I will email out a jpeg copy of this photo - but be warned, it's a big file and might take a moment to download. But then you should be able to see the faces quite well.

Thanks Marianne.

No comments: