Monday, July 24, 2006

Herr Pfaff made it to the Class of '66 reunion

BEMUS POINT, New York - Jim Nelson sent along this photo yesterday of Herr Pfaff of Southwestern teacher fame, who made it to the See Zurh House Friday night but in the hubbub, I missed him entirely.

Damn! (How do you say that in German?)

If you look at his smile, you see he's the same guy - just add 40 years.

(Hmm... I guess that goes for Jim Nelson and the rest of us, too.)

Mr. Pfaff was my homeroom teacher senior year and always seemed to be busy and in a hurry, but never so busy or in a hurry that he couldn't take a minute to listen to my laments.

I had a serious case of senioritis our last year and wasn't particularly interested in anything other than the writing my gossip column (with John Rupp) called The Eavesdroppers for the Trojan.

I'm pretty sure that Mr. Pfaff interceded on my behalf with a couple of the teachers (like that maniac who taught French, Jon Giacco) to give me a break.

Jim sent along several other photos - plus I have more from Gloria Boutelle to post.

Here's a couple to jog your short-term memories about what we were doing a little over a week ago.

Great Dancing shot
Dance, dance, dance

Jesse Dowd
Jesse Dowd

Louis and Larry
Louie Acquisto and Larry Nelson

No comments: