Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A few words about attire for Saturday night

MAYVILLE, New York - I received a couple of emails inquiring about what to wear Saturday night when we gather at Webb's to dine, dance and tell wild tales about our youth - and impending retirements.

My wife Sylvia will tell you how hysterical it is to ask ME about clothing.

But, as Allan Winger has noted, sometime months ago when the matter came up, I mentioned that I would be dressed 'casually.' I can't tell you what that translates to Saturday night until I look and see what I packed in my bag. But I only own one tie and it hangs in my office in case I have a member of the state university board of trustees on campus - or an interview for a consulting job.

I did run across some interesting photos when I went looking for some illustrations for this brief blog.

Take this dress for example:
Queen dress

or this shot of a guy in a tuxedo:
How about a tux?

Doubtful we will see anyone wearing anything approaching those Saturday night. Or Friday! Don't forget the See Zurh House soiree.

I also went searching for 'casual clothes' and found all kinds of wild photos including some of 1970s vintage leisure suits. I thought it might be funny to post a few mini-skirt shots, but most of the ones I saw were, well, you can Google 'mini-skirt' yourself, but keep the grandkids away from the screen

See you for a casual Friday and Saturday night...

No comments: