Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Chautauqua Lake is waiting for us...


Chautauqua Lake Map
Originally uploaded by Brite light photos.
LAKEWOOD, New York - I probably won't get too much chance to explore around the lake, but when I saw this map online, it reminded me of all the places around the shore where I used to visit in my 14-foot MFG ski boat, or aboard Jim Carr's Chris-Craft, Craig Fransen's Century or Bud Hooper's Cutter.

Long Point, Midway Park, Bemus Point, magic names in the past... We sometimes ventured as far at the Chautauqua Institution in search of adventure (read: girls).

Not much to tell about those forays, unfortunately.

Century Ski Boat
A Century ski boat - check the name

If the weather cooperates, some boating might be in order Saturday. I see that there is a marina across the street from Webb's Resort that rents all type of watercraft - some of it pretty fast, it looks like.

Or perhaps a cruise on a patio boat might be more in style for 2006.

Patio Boat
Patio boat classic

We'll have to see what kind of weather we have Saturday - and what kind of shape we're in for boating or any exposure to bright sunlight.

No comments: