Tuesday, June 27, 2006

On the way to Class of '66 reunion - on Jet Blue

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The boarding passes are printing as I write this.

(Hmmm. The printer is making seriously funny noises, so maybe not. I love technology, I love technology. Arrggggh.)

Whatever the case is, Admiral Fox and I are packing the New York State bags for a red-eye flight east tonight and the Class of '66 reunion in a few weeks.

Watching the weather from here, I wish I could haul along some California sunshine. Everytime I check on Western New York, I see there is a flood watch and thunderstorms predicted. That's a far cry from the 100-degree weather we have been sweating through until this morning.

But remember the 20th reunion and the flood and the cars washing away down the creek? A little weather can make for great tales to tell later.

I'm sure before reunion weekend, Randy Carlson will be giving me a final tally and list of who is coming - and not. And maybe then we will also publish a schedule of what's happening when and where...

Please let Randy know if you want to hit Grazer's Restaurant in Lakewood for breakfast on reunion weekend Saturday. Given that I will probably still be snoozing at Webb's Resort that morning, I'm going to pass on the drive to Lakewood.

But maybe not.

If the 20th and 25th reunions were any indicator, some folks go to only a single event and not the whole panoply. (Good grief, where did that word come from this morning?) So there could be some in-town SWCS alums - or teachers perhaps - who might make the breakfast their only time to chat. I would hate to miss that one shot.

Chipped beef on toast anyone?

No comments: