Sunday, June 25, 2006

Cathy Lindstrom is coming after all, but not Jim French


Cathy Lindstrom
Originally uploaded by Brite light photos.
SOMEWHERE IN GEORGIA - Randy Carlson reports that Cathy Lindstrom Prince will be attending the Class of '66 reunion after all.

Whoo-hoo!

On a less-happy note, Jim French just emailed me and said he will not be able to attend, joining Becky Scowden who this week also said she would not be making it.

Next thing, I suppose Jim and Pam Carr will say they aren't coming.

What is this world coming to?

Here's the email I received from Jim French. Jim, we'll miss you but we will not take any excuses for the 50th reunion.

=====================
Mike,
I was hoping to make final arrangements and attend the planned festivities, but the way things look right now that is not going to happen. Neither my wife "Margaret" or I have been back to Jamestown since the 25th and I remember then there was a serious flood.
We live in Ocean Springs, MS where I work in the Shipbuilding industry for Northrop Grumman as Deputy Program Manager for USCG construction. Shortly after graduation I left Jamestown to find my path ahead. This path lead me through two tours in Vietnam with the USN Seabees, which made me realize that a college education was not a bad thing. Then got degrees in Oceanography, math and finally education all of whcih have nothing to do with shipbuilding. To round out my military career I decided to spend another 20 years in the USCGR, finally retiring in 96.
Margaret and I love the Mississippi Gulf Coast (except for Hurricanes - after Katrina we hope for none this year while the coast re-builds).
Our oldest son Jimmy chose his own path and decided that an Officer in the USAF is the way to go. Youngest son Jeffery, works at the shipyard with me.
"Have a ball at the reunion, hopefully no thunderstorms this time."

No comments: