Thursday, June 23, 2005

Reaching back to kindergarten class

LAKEWOOD, N.Y. - Today's photo is a kindergarten shot (provided by Marianne Jim) which features lots of familiar faces, even Nancy Patchen (third from the right, bottom row) who I mentioned in an earlier entry.

Doug Hooper is on the far left. And I think the dapper fellow on the far right is Jim Nelson, next to Mick Olson.

I was asking my seven-year-old granddaughter yesterday about school photos. They take individual ones at her school but she was pretty fuzzy on whether there is a group photo taken.

Maybe it was a thing of the times. I actually have my first and second grade photos from a Catholic school in Brooklyn. And I'll be damned if ... (hmmm...perhaps not the best choice of word to use in the same paragraph with the words Catholic school)... I'll be damned if I can't recognize about a third of my classmates and name them 50 years later.

But this photo is a classic for the Class of '66.

Thanks Marianne...

No comments: