Saturday, June 25, 2005

After the golf scramble and pig roast, a photo

JAMESTOWN, N.Y. - Gloria Boutelle Olson sent along two photos of Class of '66 attendees at the SWCS Education Foundation's Golf Scramble/Pig Roast.

Exactly what is involved in Golf Scrambling and what its relationship to pig roasting is, well, I'm not sure I can even begin to contemplate. I've been in California way too long, I guess.

But what a nice photo! I posted the original of this and another shot on the Yahoo discussion site. This one I cropped to get rid of a television in the background. It wasn't turned on, so you are not missing anything.

In case your browser doesn't show the caption, left to right is Gloria, Vern Ahlgren (in the back), Linda Anderson, Tom Priester and Cathy Lindstrom Prince. If I spelled any of the names wrong, please complain to the New York Times. They're taking so much heat that a little more won't hurt.

While it seems we (some of us, anyway) might be getting a little old, I had dinner last night with some folks who are well into their 70s and still going out drinking and dancing, dancing and drinking every weekend. One of the women this summer will attend her 55th high school reunion. She is looking for a younger man to squire her around because she buried four husbands in the last 20 years, she said, and so she is searching for a newer model with a more endurance.

Sacre bleu!

I didn't break any SWCS records for the 100-yard dash last night, but I did get back to my sailboat in near record time, even hurdling a bush in such fine form that Track Coach Joe Rushin would have approved.

After I posted my brief drive-in and parking memories yesterday - at least what I am willing to self-disclose right now - I realized that I forgot to add a special drive-in/parking song, written by Carol King but made famous for our class by The Shirelles.

Here you go. Try to remember the melody.

Tonight You're Mine

Tonight you're mine completely
You give your love so sweetly
Tonight the light of love is in your eyes
But will you love me tomorrow?

Is this a lasting treasure
Or just a moment's pleasure
Can I believe the magic in your sighs
Will you still love me tomorrow?

Tonight with words unspoken
You say that I'm the only one
But will my heart be broken
When the night meets the morning sun?

I'd like to know that your love
Is love I can be sure of
So tell me know and I won't ask again
Will you still love me tomorrow?

No comments: