Thursday, April 14, 2005

The old barn looks a lot like it did in 1966


SWCS today
Originally uploaded by Brite Lights photos.
JAMESTOWN, NY, HUNT ROAD - The website for SWCS is listed now with the links on this page and there you will see this relatively recent photo of the front of the school.

This kind of deja vu is a shock for those of us who live in California or other parts of the country where things change so quickly.

In Sacramento, they put Taco Bell and McDonalds restaurants in a few weeks. Homes take a little longer, but not much.

So it's a real bellringer to see that the old dome is still there. The other shots of the school from other angles are also likely to induce memory hysteria.

In pounding the keys the other day, I was remembering (and shuddering) thinking about a cross-country run we had to endure in Phys Ed class called, innocently, The Robin Hood.

It was about 7/10 of a mile, I think, and it could bust your lungs if you weren't careful. Bob Fulcher, who smoked cigarettes, drove me crazy whenever we ran it because he would LITERALLY run circles around me while I tried to keep my head down and win. (I was a track star - at least I thought so.)

Maybe the dome and associated hallways should be on a reunion tour, too.

Kee-rist, I wonder if they ever changed the combination on my locker?

No comments: