Sunday, July 12, 2015

SWCS Class of '66 50th reunion is ON! July 2, 2016...

LAKEWOOD, New York - There was a rocking party Saturday night in Lakewood at the American Legion Hall on Chautauqua Avenue. Southwestern Central grads from 1960 to 1969 took to the dance floor (and the buffet table and bar, of course) for a great evening of fun.

In addition, there was a quorum of members of the Class of '66, who decided after much deliberation (okay not too much deliberation) that July 2, 2016 should be the date for our 50th Class of 1966 reunion.
Yup, looks like this is the right place...

Where will it be held?

Come on! Imagine how much wine, beer and buffet had to be consumed just to pick a date!

But watch this space (and for emails) in coming months. Plus, if you have ideas about where to hold the reunion, what activities you want, what retired SWCS teachers to cajole into coming - and anything else - pass them along to either Randy Carlson's EMAIL or to my EMAIL.

Going straight to Randy is more expeditious because if something comes to me, I will likely end up forwarding it to him.

The Saturday 60s reunion was a lot more fun than I anticipated. The Class of '66 was well represented with Linda Davidson, Barb Bunce, Cathy Lindstorm, Gloria Boutelle, Dianne Hagglund, Becky Scowden, Craig Fransen, Ward Romer, Mike Coon, Gary Lucas, Shirley Adams, Linda Anderson, Randy Carlson, Jim Lindell, Peggy Putney, and, well, me.

My apologies to the Class of '66 women listed for using their maiden names. But I knew I would slaughter their married names. Instead, I trusted my SWCS Class of '66 Yearbook to get things right.

Also, if you were at the reunion and I missed your name - lemme know right away and I will add it.

Below are some pix from Saturday's festivities. Yes, I am in a lot of them. And that's because my wife Sylvia Fox was shooting the photos.

If you have pix from Saturday and would like them posted on this site, please send them along.

In the meantime, SAVE July 2, 2016 for the SWCS Class of '66 50th Reunion.

With Barb Bunce

Millie and Mike Coon

With Cathy Lindstrom 

Barb Bunce, Cathy Lindstrom, Ward Romer, me, and Linda Davidson
Barb Bunce, Cathy Lindstrom, Ward Romer, me, Shirley Adams, Linda Davidson & Dianne Haaglund

The food - and beverage - line

Shirley Adams and Barb Bunce

Conferring with Randy Carlson and Jim Lindell

The dance floor was hopping for hours

Saying adios to Barb Bunce and Cathy Lindstrom


No comments: