Thursday, January 31, 2008

Time to plan for the 45th reunion - in Mexico?

LA MANZANILLA, Jalisco, Mexico - Blame it on the Mexican sun, the tequila, the warm salt water or perhaps the 60-cent tacos I eat for dinner most nights (two of which make a meal...), but Cathy Lindstrom-Prince and I are concocting a plan to hold the 45th reunion of the Class of '66 south of the border.

Oh-my-God, you might be thinking.

Look at it this way: Instead of waiting for June or July, perhaps have a reunion in, say, February - arguably the ugliest, coldest, least-hospitable month in the northeast.

Think about it: In February of 2011, you could be in the top photo, or watching the waves (and for whales in the bay) in the bottom photo, sipping a special Fitz-blended margarita on my deck.

snowstorm
Shoveling out, again

View from rooftop
View from the rooftop of Tenacatita Bay

I know where I'll be. (At least I hope so...)

True, it could be construed as a wacky idea. But think about this: Most of the members of the SWCS Class of '66 will be 63 or 64 years old that year. Social Security (if it's still pumping out dollars) will be going into most of our pockets. And how long do you wait to treat yourself to a nice winter vacation in a warm climate?

Lots of details to work out, of course, but given that we are talking three years from now, I don't think anything is insurmountable.

Hell, I might even have a bar & restaurant & small hotel up and running by that time out in Arroyo Seco. My son the financier has thrown in with us and wants to invest so he has a bar to go to in Mexico that he can call his own.

Good grief.

If it sounds interesting, email me - and/or Cathy, who says she's ready to get somewhere warm right now (and she lives in Georgia).

Hasta luego, amigos...


No comments: