Monday, November 06, 2006

Tom Priester at Class of '66 40th reunion

MAYVILLE, New York - Tom Priester responded to my call right away, for stories about people from the Class of '66 era who have retired.

I saw Tom a month or so before our reunion and, just like at the reunion in Mayville, he was tan, fit and rested. We had him over to our house in Sacramento for lunch and my wife, ever curious, asked Tom what I was like when I was in high school.

He told her, too. I think he used the phrase 'a little squirrelly,' several times in the conversation.

He still gets to wear a whistle a lot in retirement, officiating at track meets, et al. Here's what he passed along...

====================
Tom Priester in 1966
Tom in 1966

Dear Class of 66

Retirement is AWESOME! You get to play with grandchildren, do some traveling, and especially VOLUNTEERING TO HELP OTHERS. That is very gratifying. You can even visit class reunions like I do.
Give it some thought, first. Be sure you have enough $$$$ for health insurance. It is VERY EXPENSIVE.
Whatever you decide, have FUN doing it. We only live once.
Tom

=====================

So, as a natural leader, Tom Priester went first with his retirement story.

Send me yours, with or without a photo, and I'll post it here...

Cheers, amigos

Fitz

No comments: