Saturday, August 19, 2006

Cleaning up the backyard & Pacifico beers


Pacifico beers
Originally uploaded by Brite light photos.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - I just reclaimed my backyard from the vines and assorted plants that had decided it was their backyard, not mine, and in the process I imbibed of couple of bottles of beers that remind me of warmer days in Mexico.

Well, maybe not warmer. It's hot as hell outside.

But after a couple of Pacifico's (the 12 ounce bottled version, not the jumbos), the yard is spiffy enough to host a dinner party next weekend for our three new faculty members and the administrators from the university who are still speaking to me now that I am chair of our faculty.

Yes, it will be a small affair.

But today's blog is really not about my beer consumption or university politics, it's to mention an idea that Dianne Hagglund posted on the Class of '66 discussion list that Allan Winger keeps going.

Diane agreed that having a yearly get together would be fun - but she also suggested that perhaps some other folks might be willing to share their memories, perspectives, nightmares, etc... from our high school days.
Dianne Hagglund, Linda Davidson, Marianne Jim & Linda Anderson
Dianne on far left

I'm not short of stories. I haven't even started on the stuff about what we did most Halloweens or when we drank too much beer and Southern Comfort and would stumble into athletic events. (Don't worry Jim Carr, as long as you keep the Grey Goose cold for my visits to you in Arizona, the bleacher incident will not be written about...).

But I think it might be fun to have other people write up a couple of hundred words. I'll post them in this space - and I'll try to find some kind of photo to go with - as well as the author's yearbook picture. I know Cheryl Towers has some tales. I bet other people do to...

Think about it, because as soon as school starts (in about a week for me) all hell will break loose in terms of my time and while I will endeavor to keep this blog going, the gaps (like this past week) may become frequent.

Blog on, amigos, blog on!

No comments: