Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Much ado about the hairdo, redux

JAMESTOWN, N.Y. - When Cee Jay first emailed me some time back about the reunion and the website, she referred to this picture.

"Was every day a bad hair day then...and why did it have to be on picture day?"

Well, kind of like Bob Swanson's wild wave, what hair was in 1966 it just was. And I'm no hairstyle critic, but Cee Jay's hair looks pretty good to me in this copy of her yearbook shot.

My own hair? Well, I needed to use more Wildroot, maybe a gallon. (Bob Swanson emailed me to say he thinks he used Wildroot in those days. A photo of him from last summer is up on the discussion group web page. The wave on his head is gone, but Bob looks like he's enjoying the surf anyway.)

So here's an idea - better than karaoke!

With the magic of Adobe Photoshop, we could move some of these hairdos around on people and see what, say, Bob Swanson's wave would look like on my forehead.

How about Cee Jay's doo on say, Cheryl Towers?

Louis Acquisto's hair on Jim Lindell?

Hmmm... that might prove to be a bad hair day for all of us.

So, we're back to karaoke, right?

No comments: