Monday, May 23, 2005

Young guys, drinking beer (?) at our 20th

NOTE TO CLASS:

(I just heard from Shirley Adams who says this is from the 20th reunion... Everybody looks so young... And obviously, my comments need some adjusting.)

JAMESTOWN, NY
- I really wish I had made it to the 10th reunion, although at 10 years, it didn't seem all that long since I had been out of SWCS.

A couple of years at Villanova (undistinguished, except for the beer drinking and general carousing), two years back in Lakewood (more drinking, more carousing), marriage in December 1969 and then on to Califoria, a bachelor's degree, two kids and a newspaper writing job.

OK, I guess a lot did happen. But it would have been nice to see what happened to other folks.

In this photo - which is a tad fuzzy - Bob Fulcher is with Jim Carr and from the look on Bob's face, not exactly excited that someone took the shot. Jim wasn't too many years out of the U.S. Navy, and Bob? Well, Bob might still have been in the U.S. Air Force at that time. He retired before he was 40 and took up some other profession. Anyone know what it was?

I got into an awful lot of trouble with those two guys during our high school years, never quite getting arrested, largely due to the Barney Fife police forces we had to contend with, not our skill at evading capture.

There was one episode where we ended up at a SWCS football game, quite intoxicated on Colt .45 malt liquor and Southern Comfort. We climbed up into the bleachers and, well, I think I'll save those details for our 40th reunion and the tome I'm trying to write.

We have 31 people on the email list and I seem to be picking up one or two more every day. Keep them coming - and please, please, send some photos, too, either of the reunion, some party you went to in high school (The Gorge? The Prom?), and/or something current.

Hell, if I can post my yearbook photo on this website (Isn't that a piece of photography?), then a current shot of you won't break any computer screens.

TODAY'S CLASS OF '66 SONG: Dead Man's Curve by Jan & Dean

"I was cruisin' in my Stingray late one night,
when an XKE pulled up on my right..."

No comments: