Saturday, July 22, 2017

A class of '74 SWCS classmate passes away

VALOIS, New York - I received notice today that an SWCS grad from 1974 - Bob Storms - recently passed away.

https://swcs1974.wordpress.com/2017/07/22/bob-storms/

Bob Storms was the son of the late Bud Storms of Lakewood, a fellow I worked with in 1970 at the old Crown Dental Laboratory in Jamestown. Bud was a clever, outspoken guy and lectured me from time to time about, well, everything. I was 21, he was in his 40s.

We sparred about politics endlessly until the Kent State shootings in May of 1970. He didn't understand why the students would protest and put themselves in harms way. I didn't understand how he couldn't understand.

I learned a lot from him though and I knew how important his family was to him.

One little odd note, a comment on genetics.

In the photo of Bob Storms, there is a reflection - kind of a glint - from a front tooth, as if he had a gold or metal crown on his tooth. His father Bud had a front tooth - right in the same spot - that had an issue. Plus, Bob looks just like Bud in the photo.

RIP Bob Storms, tell your dad hello for me.


No comments: