Saturday, November 08, 2008

Passing of Dave Bagley a reminder to live well


VALOIS, New York, USA
- The passing of winemaker and winery owner Dave Bagley, a neighbor really when I am living in Valois for the summer, is yet another reminder that living well, today (not tomorrow) is really important.
  • Dave Bagley obituary

  • And in living
    well, I mean enjoying what we have, loving the people around us, and not waiting until say, next summer, or next month, or next week, to make that phone call we have been putting off.

    In the last year, I had two elderly acquaintances pass away who - in both cases - I knew I should check in with to see how things were with them but, well, I was too busy.

    And, of course, too
    late, too.

    In Dave Bagley's case, his heart gave out. But I'll remember him sitting right next to me at his winery on my last visit in late August, chatting about Seneca Lake and how blessed he felt to be such a success and have so many good people around him.

    I'd write more, but I have a few phone calls to make, emails to write and even letters to pen.

    Dave Bagley
    Dave Bagley with his usual smile

    Poplar Ridge Wines
    Poplar Ridge wines

    Antlers at Poplar Ridge Winery
    Antler overs the bar at Poplar Ridge

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I worked for, or in reality with Dave Bagely for a long time. Dave was one of the kindest, sweatest, most generous, open hearted men I have ever met.

    Today on the anniversary of his death I think we should all take a moment out of our busy lives to stand quiet and listen as Dave says hello