Monday, December 11, 2006

Bemus point ferry is probably frozen solid

BEMUS POINT, New York - As I was griping about the cold and rain here (it's close to 60 degrees and drizzling) I ran across this shot of the Bemus Point Ferry, a reminder of summer and the reunion.

I regret that I didn't take a ferry ride last summer for nostalgia purposes, even if I had just ridden it sans auto. The ferry was a big part of my growing up and also it was a great target to buzz when we would bring our boats up from Lakewood.

On more than one occasion, we would roar up in the dark with our lights off and at the last second, turn them on, scaring the crap out of the ferry operator and anyone in their cars watching.

During the day, we were ever-so-polite as we didn't want the sheriff to nail our butts.

That narrows area of the lake is likely frozen solid by now, with ice skaters considering a run across from Bemus to Stow.

Ice skating. Now that brings back memories (however cold...)

Bemus point ferry
Bemus Ferry crossing

No comments: