Sunday, September 24, 2006

Seneca Lake winery tour ready to set sail


Seneca Lake wineries
Originally uploaded by Brite light photos.
HECTOR, New York - The annual pilgrimage of Chautauqua County couples to Seneca Lake will be next weekend Bob Swanson reports. Two years ago Bob and Donna stopped by Valois where the Admiral and I have our 'summer house' on the shore of the lake.

If 'summer house' sounds a little pretentious, please stop by anytime you are in the area to help me paint, repair plumbing problems and drag fallen tree limbs to the brush pile.

If that isn't enough fun, we can rake seaweed into piles and haul it to the vegetable garden.

When Bob and Donna came by, we went to the Rasta Ranch Winery, which, like Rodney Dangerfield, gets no respect but markets some fine wine. My personal favorite is Uncle Homer's Red, which because of its name probably doesn't get the respect it needs either.

I shipped a case of wine from New York here to California where a dozen bottles are sitting in my wine rack (Gawd, there's another pretentious sounding thing. My wine rack is a cardboard wine box from Trader Joe's sitting on its side.)

I wanted to thank Allan Winger for posting the web address where people could go to see me introducing the president of my university. I think I want to thank him, anyway.

And if you think this blog is only being read by Class of '66 folks, you are mistaken.

At a meeting a few days ago, the president asked me to tell him the how-many-presidents-does-it-take-to-screw-in-a light bulb jokes I mentioned before.

Jaysus!

In case you missed the previous blog about the SWCS reunion for classes from 1960 to 1970, I've posted it here again. I don't know what weekend they're shooting for yet, but I have my fingers crossed that it's in mid to late July. I can usually put down the paint brush in Valois by then to get away.

Reunion graphic

No comments: