Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Look for Ed Westerling at the SeeZurh House

BEMUS POINT, NY - Randy Carlson just passed along the first 'teacher' response to the invites for our reunion.

It comes from Mr. Ed Westerling, one of our guidance counselors. Ed says he might be able to come and swill drinks, er, visit with us at the SeeZurh House Friday night.

And if you are a little hazy on which one he was, he's in the upper right hand corner of the photo with today's blog.

Gene Munson is in the back row with him. In front is Miss Lopus and Royce Mallory.

Why no first name with Miss Lopus? Because I have absolutely no recollection of the woman at all. Period. Was she real, or did they just need four people to fill out the yearbook shot?

Gene I clearly remember because he was my guidance counselor and we argued all the time. (Well, as much as were allowed to argue with the designated adults.) Royce I remember because a couple of years after graduation, I got to know a fellow named Bud Storm, who lived in Lakewood and worked with me at the Crown Dental Lab in downtown Jamestown.

Royce was Bud's next door neighbor and apparently while off getting his EdD one summer, he learned how to play the guitar.

"It ruined him," Bud told me once. "It just ruined him. He used to be really industrious. Now all he does is sit around and strum that goddamn guitar."

Bud wasn't much on music, apparently.

Ed's letter to Randy I will email to the class list. It's a PDF, and when I try to paste it in here, well, the results are pretty funny.

In case the PDF won't open, here's Ed's address in Florida:

Ed and Margie Westerling
4194 Fairway Place
North Port, Florida 34287
Tel: 941-423-973

No comments: