Saturday, January 21, 2006

Drop a note to a former SWCS teacher


SWCS Teachers update
Originally uploaded by Brite light photos.
JAMESTOWN, New York - Randy Carlson just sent around an email reminder about the reunion that included a list of teachers with addresses, and in several cases, sad notes that they have passed away.

He may have sent this around earlier and I never saw it, but what a gold mine.

Thanks 'R' and whoever put the list together.

I know I've mentioned a lot of the folks on that list in various blogs and suddenly seeing their names again - and knowing that they are alive - has cranked up the memory meter again, especially now that the anesthesia from my knee surgery has passed through my system.

I mean, Harold Burgard lives on Pork Road in Clymer. He must be, well, somewhere in his 80s, right? "Every time a noble dies..."

Harry Robie has take up residence in Kentucky. He jump-started my writing career by publicly accusing me of being lazy (I was), and telling me I was wasting an incredible talent (I'm still faking that...).

And Ethel (Enserro) Goller. Gawd. Can't go there.

So in my second day of slacking around the house, unable to do much more than reach for the Motrin and the TV remote, I'm going to pen (it's a phrase, even I can barely read my handwriting) a letter or two to Harold, Harry and Ethel and maybe some others.

Harold, Harry and Ethel: sounds like a title for a British sitcom.

Throw in Hubie (Hubie Davis) and you have a smash hit.

1 comment:

robiewankenobie said...

i just saw this old post as part of a google search. he's got lung cancer, and i'm sure that an email would really mean something to him. you can email him through my mother: weaver40404@yahoo dot com

thanks!
~S