Friday, December 23, 2005

A multi-media Christmas Card from Britain


Marcia Carlson
Originally uploaded by Brite light photos.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - A few days ago, I was in my pre-Christmas slump or depression or regression - whatever - and I received a copy of a Christmas 'card' that was sent to Marcia Carlson (now Marcia Carlson-Hein) that just pulled me right out of my haze and had me practically dancing.

I say practically, because my knee - injured doing The Twist last July 4th - is out of control and surgery looms ahead, just after I get back from Mexico.

I figure, why not go to Mexico, boogie-board, surf, hike, drink margaritas and try to dance? I'll just get anything broken repaired when the surgeon opens me up in January, right?

With that kind of medical philosophy, it's no wonder the nurse in my doctor's office tells me I'm in great shape - for someone 10 years older.

But this piece of music, Wizard in Winter by the Trans-Siberian Orchesta is phenomenal and the light show created to go with it should rouse even Ebenezer Scrooge out of his bah-humbug routine.

Below is the link to the web page that explains the urban legend about the light show and the music, provided to me courtesy of Marcia's husband Ric, who is a Mac guru.

With any luck, we'll get to see Marcia and Ric at the reunion next summer.

WARNING: If you listen to this song more than once or twice, it will stick in your head worse than the Mickey Mouse club theme. M-I-C (See you real soon!) K-E-Y (Why? Because we love you!) M-O-U-S-E.

DA LINK:
  • Wizard In Winter
  • No comments: