Saturday, November 26, 2005

Reunion mementos - what should they be?


Reunion memento
Originally uploaded by Brite Lights photos.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - One of the few side benefits of moving is finding stuff that has been tucked away in drawers or boxes, like the 1966 quarter keychain that was featured at our 20th reunion.

At least I think it was the 20th.

But it got me thinking about how much the little things like that keychain can mean. I put it away in a little box where I keep other SWCS valuables, like some ribbons from track meets and a signed photo from Sandy Carlson. (I'm still trying to track her down - and leads would be greatly appreciated.)

Anyone have any ideas for what kind of memorabilia that should be part of the 40th reunion?

I know I'm taking home a brick from Lakewood Elementary that Bud Hooper snagged for me. But what could we put together for the class? I have an idea for a video project - kind of a living yearbook with everyone talking into the camera for 30 seconds with their favorite (or least favorite) high school memory.

I've been making 'Rockumentaries,' for the past couple of years, with one in progress right now of a wedding of a favorite relative. Maybe a video like that would be fun.

That's as far as my thinking has gotten, at least on this Saturday morning and with only a single cup of Earl Grey tea working its way through my rapidly closing capillaries.

Any thoughts?

No comments: