Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Let's hoist a glass to toast our former teachers


Grey Goose vodka
Originally uploaded by Brite light photos.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - I couldn't find a really good photo of an appetizing meal to post with today's blog.

And frankly, I was a little worried about even searching for what kind of image might come up if I Googled Chautauqua Chicken. (An algae-covered breast of poultry, gently sauteed in...forget it...)

(For the record, I have ordered Chautauqua Chicken to eat at our reunion banquet/soiree/sockhop/freaky-dancing event. Can't wait...)

And I expect to hoist a couple of Grey Goose vodka tonics at the bar with Jim Carr, who is to blame for my keeping a bottle of that stuff in the freezer.

But what I wanted to throw out on the table (Good pun? Bad pun?) is having us (Class of '66 classmates) pay for the dinners and/or drinks of any of our former teachers who might be inclined to show up.

I posted the list of teachers the other day and I hope that some of those folks will come to one or more of the events. But it seems like it would be a nice gesture if, say, Harold Burgard showed up, to buy his dinner.

The Class of '66 is about to send out invitations to these folks, so time is of the essence.


As I suggested it, I suppose I should say I'll kick in the first $25 to the pot towards purchasing any dinners for our former wardens, er, teachers. I don't how many of our former wardens (sorry, slipped) would be willing to traverse the highways to Mayville for Chicken Chautauqua (or other such delicacies). But if we had 10 of these people
show up, (Who are actually older than us, can you believe it?) it would be a miracle and triumph of geriatric medicine.

So, please let Randy Carlson know via email if you are willing to throw in a few bucks towards buying dinner and/or drinks for our former teachers. (Ha! You thought I was going to say wardens again, right?)

Why?

Well, it sure would be fun to do the following (particularly after a Grey Goose or two):

- Slap Gunny Anderson on the back and say Hi Gunny!
- Ask Gene Munson why he never mentioned we would eventually need to retire.
- Ask Bruce Crist what he thinks about American democracy - now.
- Give a squirtgun to Tony LoGuidice and let him go table-to-table wreaking havoc,
- If we ever find Dalton Berringer, make him play, As Time Goes By...

AND

Dance with Ethel Goller Enserro, to As Time Goes By, of course.

No comments: