Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Send a rescue team to Georgia to get Cathy

MAYVILLE, New York - As of this writing, it looks like Cathy Prince, aka Cathy Lindstrom will not be able to attend our 40th reunion in just a little over a month.

This human spark plug - who has been instrumental in getting us together as a group at all our previous class reunions, has moved to Georgia where she is helping her parents, I've been told, and thus is unlikely to escape the humidity of the Deep South in time for our soiree.

Cathy is responsible for this blog. She sent out an email more than a year ago, asking the folks on her email list if they wanted to get together for our 40th. I wanted to be of assistance, but at the time I was sitting in a bar in Mexico, wondering how-the-hell I could help from such a distance.

Like so many other times in my life, I decided to write my way out of the problem.

In this photo, Cathy was taking a well-deserved bow for her accomplishments at the 25th reunion (which was a wild time!). How I got to stand there while she did -- with my arm around her -- is a mystery, one I will likely to have to explain to my wife after she reads this blog.

But action is called for.

I believe we should dispatch the Class of '66 Learjet to Georgia with a team of classmates to perform an emergency extraction and get her to Bemus Point and Mayville in time for the reunion. I'll offer up our governor of California to lead the mission. (And most of the voters would gladly send him, too. Anywhere...)

But, one big question: Is it even legal to have a Class of '66 reunion without Cathy?

Our class attorney, Steve Olson, will have to check out the SWCS constitution to see.

In the meantime - and in case all rescue efforts fail - here's Cathy's address and contact information in Georgia:

Cathy Prince
3331 Donna Way
Gainesville, Ga. 30504

cell phone: 716-450-4964

Cathy Prince - SWCS yearbook photo

No comments: