Monday, March 06, 2006

A quick link to see the weather in Lakewood NY


Lakewood weather link
Originally uploaded by Brite light photos.
LAKEWOOD, N.Y. - I added a new link to this web page today - a quick button that takes you directly to the Wunderground.com site for Lakewood.

I already have the page bookmarked on this computer (along with Sacramento, San Francisco, Puerto Vallarta and Valois, N.Y. I tend to linger on the Puerto Vallarta page.).

For the past two summers in New York, I've used the radar function on the site to help me plan each day - sometimes hour by hour. Two years ago, when it rained like hell all the time, I would scan the radar for a weather window and then charge out of the house when an hour or so of sun seemed likely. My neighbors all started watching me for cues, heading out on the lake when they heard my outboard start.

I thought the site might come in handy when it gets closer to July and the reunion and the hard decisions we need to face: Raincoat? Shorts? T-shirt? Windbreaker?

It's nearly spring already in California and I know that false spring is probably starting to tickle Chautauqua County. I remember getting all excited this time of the year as the ice would leave the lake suddenly and the grass would start appearing in patches as snow melted. Visions of my ski boat skimming across the water would be dancing in my brain while I was supposed to be paying attention to Ed Smith in physics. Ed would catch me daydreaming a lot.

Then, a blizzard would come in (usually around Easter) and that was the end of that daydream until May when the snow really was gone.

More on daydreams another time. But for now, hit the link and then plug in your zip code, too for a forecast.

No comments: